In Papa Murphys Baking Instructions, you will find a variety of recipes from Papa Murphy’s Kitchen. Papa Murphys have been baking delicious pies and other desserts since 1960. They have mastered the art of making pizza dough, so it is important to follow their instructions for perfect pie crusts. offers a variety of items for delivery or carryout, including personal pizzas, specialty pizzas, sides of fries, and Papa’s Puffs (breadsticks). Papa Murphy’s also has dessert options like cookies and brownies. Their Cookies are baked with love and care each day by their bakers who take pride in delivering fresh-baked goodness. Similarly, their bread is made with natural ingredients like flour, yeast, sugar, and salt that all come together to create the best-tasting loaf around! This blog post will go over Papa Murphy’s baking instructions for pizza, bread, and cookies.
Why Papa Murphys?
Papa Murphy’s is a trusted name in the pizza industry. They were the first to introduce the concept of take-and-bake pizza. This new idea was appreciated by customers across the nation which helped Papa Murphy’s to grow from a single store to more than 1,300 outlets in 37 US states. The take and bake pizza choice gives freedom to the customers who made the pizza at their desired temperature.
A lot of varieties are available in the menu which includes:
- Chicken wings.
- Garlic bread.
- Variety of salads.
- Pizza by the slice.
- Focaccia sandwiches and pasta dishes too.
So, this is Papa Murphy’s menu which you will not get in any other pizza store for sure! All these reasons make Papa Murphys a unique place to visit. So go ahead and enjoy your favorite food at one of the most trusted names in take-and-bake pizza. Papa Murphys also provides catering services for parties or large gatherings at affordable prices.
Papa Murphy’s Baking Instructions
The Papa Murphys menu includes a wide variety of different delicious pizzas, ranging from classic cheese and pepperoni to specialty pizzas such as taco pizza and chicken club. Papa Murphy’s also offers various kinds of salads and desserts including brownies. Therefore, Papa Murphys have various menus and each menu has different baking instructions. Some popular Papa Murphy’s meals include gourmet Delight, signature menus, stuffed meals, create your own pizza items, toppings, and mini murphy. Additionally, there are salads and drinks available.
This might be your first experience to bring a take and bake pizza at home and fix it for baking. It is very important to follow Papa Murphy’s baking instructions to get the most desirable end result. If you bake it according to the recommended instructions, surely you will end up having a delicious pizza with a perfect crust having a little light brown color. God damn, it will be luscious!!
You will get the pizza from Papa Murphy’s in a proper plastic wrapping placed on a disposable tray. The pizza package comes with all the baking instructions located at the backside of the pizza tray.
Common Baking Instructions
There are some common baking instructions for all Papa Murphy’s Pizzas which are stated as follows:
- Carefully lift the plastic wrapping from the body of the pizza.
- Don’t remove the pizza from the disposable cardboard tray.
- Preheat the oven to medium temperature.
- For traditional Pizza, set the oven temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For stuffed pizza, heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pizza on the oven central rack carefully along with the cardboard.
- If you are baking a thin crust pizza, put it on a lower oven rack.
- Bake it for a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 18 minutes.
- Papa Murphy’s stuffed pizza will require 32 – 40 minutes of baking.
- Keep watching pizza in the oven, it’ll be ready when the crust becomes golden brown.
If you want to have more crispy crust pizza then the initial pizza package for about 10 minutes and then take it out from the oven. Now remove the cardboard bottom tray and place the pizza on thin aluminum foil. Now put the pizza in the oven again at the same temperature of 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 more minutes. Keep on checking the wanted crispiness add regular intervals of about 2 minutes.
Note: Never put the pizza directly on the oven tray. Because too much heating exposure can burn-off of the pizza crust. Therefore, always use either cardboard tray or aluminum foil or any thin base for the pizza.
Crust Based Baking Papa Murphys Instructions
It is highly recommended to bake the Papa Murphy’s Pizza within a period of 60 minutes. Otherwise, refrigerate it quickly to maintain the nutritions and crispiness of Papa Murphy’s Pizza. Never use Papa Murphy’s pizza after 24 hours of purchase. If you are going to bake a refrigerated pizza, make sure to take it out of the refrigerator and place it in the open air at least for 60 minutes.
Papa Murphy’s recommends different baking instructions for different crust sizes. Therefore, make sure to follow the prescribed directions who got the best outcome. The baking instructions are categorized on the basis of original crust, thin crust, stuffed crust and pan crust. For a crustless pizza, you can either use a microwave oven or a normal oven according to instructions. Papa Murphy’s baking instructions are listed below:
For the Original-Crust, Thin-Crust, and Pan-Crust Pizza
- Turn on the oven and heat it up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully unwrapped Pizza and let it sit on the pizza tray.
- Bake the pizza for 12 – 18 minutes on the Central oven rack.
- Check for the color of the crust, if it is golden brownish, it is cooked correctly.
- If it is not golden brown yet, bake it for some more time with regular checks.
- Leave it for almost 5-minutes before eating and cutting.
- For pan crust pizza, remove the pan from beneath the pizza immediately after baking using a spatula.
- Cooked pizza from the oven is very hot. Keep yourself safe from the hot oil.
- Always use gloves for baking Papa Murphy’s pizza.
For Crustless Pizza
As described above, Papa Murphy’s crustless pizza can either be baked in an oven or microwave oven. Baking instructions for both ovens are described below:
Instructions for Baking in the Oven
- Moderately heat the oven to almost 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully remove the plastic wrapping from the pizza body.
- Take out Papa Murphy’s baking instructions leaflet.
- Bake the crustless pizza for almost 12 – 18 minutes.
- Put the pizza on the center rack of the oven.
- The pizza is cooked enough when the cheese melt and start to bubble.
- This will happen at almost 165 degrees Fahrenheit temperature.
- Open the oven door and carefully remove the pizza from the oven.
- At this point the pizza will be red hot, so be careful.
- Allow the contents to cool for about 2-3 minutes before cutting.
Instructions for Baking Papa Murphy’s in the Microwave Oven
Microwave ovens vary in electrical power and heating capability. Therefore it is important to know the characteristics such as the power rating of your microwave oven before baking Papa Murphy’s. You will have the Pizza wrapped in plastic wrapping.
- Carefully unwrap the plastic cover and baking instructions leaflet from Papa Murphy’s.
- Tune your microwave oven to high power settings.
- Bake Papa Murphy’s crustless pizza for 3-7 minutes.
- Customize your cooking time in a microwave oven according to power ratings.
- 1-3 pizza toppings need 3-5 minutes baking.
- Pizza with more than 4 toppings needs 5-7 minutes of cooking.
- When the pizza is cooked enough, its cheese will melt and bubbling will start.
- Normally Pizza is cooked correctly at an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Babe the pizza out of the microwave oven with care.
- At this stage, the cooked pizza will be really hot, the use of gloves is highly recommended.
Mini Murph Baking Instructions
Papa Murphy’s pizzas are not only for adults but they are also popular among children. Therefore, the take and bake pizza company launches a joyous make and bake pizza kit exclusively for kids and named it, “The Mini Murph”. This kid-sized pizza box contains all the freshness, flavor, quality, and affection of Papa Murphy’s. The company decorated this beautiful make and bake pizza box with the logo of “Murph”, which is Papa Murphy’s attractive and fresh tiny chef. This box is pretty easy to open and simple to assemble and generates a sense of creativity among young Papa Murphy’s fans.
Be Careful with Bake-and-Serve Pizza Tray
It is important that the kids open the Mini-Murph pizza box under the supervision of their parents. Papa Murphy’s recommends baking the Mini-Murph pizza on the specific bake-and-serve tray. Since this tray is made of cardboard, therefore, it is highly inflammable. It is essential that this pizza is baked carefully, because the pizza tray may discolor during baking, and if cooked for a long time, it may catch fire. This tree is designed for one-time use only. Hence, discard the tray after use and never reheat the pizza on the same tray.
Following are the instructions for baking Papa Murphy’s Mini-Murph pizza:
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unwrap plastic sheet from Pizza and Bake-and-Serve tray.
- Gently apply a uniform layer of sauce throughout the surface of the dough.
- Do not apply sauce on the edges of the dough and crust.
- Smoothly spray mozzarella cheese on the top of the sauce layer.
- If you have extra papa Murphy’s toppings, apply them on mozzarella.
- Bake this complete Pizza package for about 10 to 14 minutes in the oven. Put it on the center rack of the oven for moderate heating.
- Make sure that the Bake-and-Serve tray does not rub onto the oven walls or doors.
- Watch out for the pizza after almost 8 minutes.
- If it is cooked up to your desires, serve it, otherwise, bake it further.
- Watchfully leak out all the bubbled formed during baking in the oven.
- Finally, when the crust turns golden brown & cheese melt, take it out of the oven carefully.
- Let the hot contents cool down for about 5-minutes before cutting and eating.
- Carefully discard the bake-and-serve tray.
For Stuffed Pizza
What is a stuffed pizza?
The History of Stuffed Pizza: The history of this type of pizza comes from Italy, specifically Naples. It is a pizza that has been baked in the oven with sauce, cheese, and other ingredients placed on top. This creates an inner-pizza which can have different types of filling such as vegetables or meats like pepperoni. A stuffed crust is something extra added to the outer edge (crust) usually melted cheese and is baked.
The benefits if cooking a stuffed pizza are that it can make pizza at home easier and you are able to control what goes into the stuffed crust.
This is an example Stuffed Crust Pizza with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, sausage, ricotta cheese filling on top of tomato sauce.
Stuffed pizza is popular in United States, particular in Chicago and New York.
There are several different types of stuffed pizza with unique names, such as: Stuffed Crust Pizza, Chicago-style Deep Dish Pizza, Calzone and Panzerotti.
A stuffed pizza is different from pan style because it has more sauce, cheese and toppings on top of the crust instead of under so you can enjoy both inner-pizza and outer crust with this one dish. Pizza dough will have to be prepared before starting any steps in making a Stuffed Pizza.
Papa Murphy’s Stuffed Pizza Baking Instructions
Papa Murphy’s stuffed pizza baking instructions are easy to follow, but there are some tips worth trying if you want your crust crispy.
First of all, try using a pan without any oil or cooking spray on the bottom. Then preheat the oven for at least 20 minutes before inserting your frozen stuffed pizza into it. If this is not enough to get your crust crispy, try cooking the pizza on a wire rack. This allows for air circulation all around the crust and will make it extra crispy when you insert it from under both sides of the oven. Make sure that you don’t preheat too long or else the top of your stuffed pizza might be overcooked by time it’s ready to eat.
Secondly, try cooking the stuffed pizza at a higher temperature for about five minutes. Finally, if your oven doesn’t have convection settings, then try rotating it half way through the baking process to even out heat distribution and prevent burning on one side of the crust.
- Papa Murphy’s stuffed pizza is ready for baking when the cheese on top begins to bubble.
- Simply remove it from the box and place it onto a preheated stone or metal sheet pan (no oil required).
- Bake at 400°F until done, about 20 minutes depending upon your oven conditions. Check after 15 minutes since all ovens vary.
- The bottom of the crust should be crisp and browned when done.
- This is a baked pizza, not a take-and-bake one so you need to cook it first! Enjoy your melted cheese stuffed pizza at home or on your patio.
Papa Murphy’s Pan Pizza Baking Instructions
What is a pan pizza?
A pan pizza is a pizza that has been cooked in a pan. This type of crust is thicker than regular thin crust, and it’s also crunchier because the dough is fried before being baked with toppings on top.
It’s a pizza that fills an entire pan, leaving the crust crispy and golden on the bottom. It usually has very few toppings so it doesn’t weigh down or get soggy. A lot of times there are no cheese under the sauce because if you have too much wet stuff, it’ll make your dough/crust go soggy.
The benefits to cooking this kind of pizza are that you can cook more pizzas at once if desired, as well as have a thicker crust for those who don’t like the thin style.
The toppings you would put on a pan pizza are usually Italian or Mediterranean, and can consist of fresh mozzarella cheese as well as vegetables such as BBQ sauce instead of tomato-based sauce that is more common in other types of pizzas. The toppings are usually more flavorful, creating a delicious taste.
Pan pizza is also popular in different areas of the United States, such as Chicago and New York City where there are many independent pizzerias that serve this type of pie. It can be purchased at these places or made at home with store bought dough to make it easier on yourself.
Papa Murphy’s Pan Pizza Baking Instructions
When you’re ready to make your own pizza, check out Papa Murphy’s recipe. If using a fresh dough, it takes about 25 minutes in the oven at 220°C (425°F). You can prepare all of your ingredients ahead of time and then assemble them right before baking.
Ingredients: pan sauce + cheese + toppings
Instructions: Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Spread a little sauce on the dough. Add cheese and toppings, then top with another layer of cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and crispy. Let cool for a few minutes before slicing into wedges using a pizza cutter.
Papa Murphy’s Pan Pizza Step-by-Step Baking Instructions Steps
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into 24 x 12 inch rectangle with lightly floured rolling pin. Dough should be very thin and have rough edges from being rolled out by hand instead of in a machine.
- Lift pizza onto baking sheet or large cutting board.
- Cut dough into 24 triangle pieces by cutting it lengthwise down the center, then cut each piece in half to make two triangles.
- Place one slice pepperoni on top of a pizza point and roll up from wide end toward tip. Place rolls back onto baking sheet with flat side facing downward so that they will not unroll during baking.
- Repeat with remaining pepperoni and dough triangles.
- Cover pan tightly with foil, shiny side up to prevent cheese from sticking where it will not bake onto the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown, turning sheet half way through cooking time so pizza rolls cook evenly on both sides.
- Remove foil and bake for another five minutes or until cheese is melted. Let cool before serving, about 20 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Papa Murphy’s Frozen Pizza Baking Instructions
What is a Frozen Pizza?
Frozen pizzas are very popular because they are easy to prepare. They can be frozen for up to two months but should only remain in the freezer for three days before being used. Frozen pizza dough needs at least 30 minutes to thaw properly, so it is best not to put one directly into the oven if you do not have enough time.
Frozen pizza is made and then frozen, and can be consumed straight out of the freezer or heated in an oven for a short time to achieve maximum enjoyment. Instructions will always come with your specific brand but follow these general guidelines:
- Thaw for at least 30 minutes before putting in the oven.
- During baking, put aluminum foil over it to prevent burning or overcooking on top.
- Do not cook your frozen pizza all the way through because you will burn the bottom while trying to thaw out the rest of it.
Papa Murphy’s Frozen Pizza Baking Instructions
The baking instruction for the Papa Murphy’s frozen pizza is a helpful resource for those who want to eat great frozen pizzas at home. It has been said that the difference between homemade and store-bought pizza is like night and day, so it is no wonder people are seeking out ways to make their own delicious pies instead of buying someone else’s.
The best frozen pizzas that can be made at home are those from Papa Murphy’s because the company believes in offering top notch food for a good value, and their pizza is delicious with just about any topping you could wish to include on it.
Papa Murphy’s has a variety of flavors and options for pizzas. All their pizzas can be baked at home, so you don’t need to go out to get dinner or order delivery. They have traditional cheese and pepperoni as well as specialty toppings like bacon cheeseburger, Hawaiian BBQ chicken, taco pizza, Italian sausage, and more.
Here are Papa Murphy’s Frozen Pizza step-by-step Baking Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Be sure to leave room in your oven for the pizza stone or tray.
- Remove frozen pizza from box and place it on a sheet of parchment paper cut slightly larger than the size of the pizza crust itself, or in a pan with edges that are about three inches high. It is very important to place the pizza on parchment paper or it will stick.
- Cook for 15 minutes until cheese starts bubbling and crust gets golden brown.
- After 15 minutes, remove pizza from oven and place on a cutting board or other heat resistant surface. Let it sit for about five minutes before slicing. This will help the cheese set up again so you don’t lose any when you cut your first slice! Enjoy with as many toppings as you like.
If you are still interested in reading more about the Papa Murphy’s Baking Instructions, you can find them at their site. If you have any other questions about baking your pizza at home, contact Papa Murphy’s customer service by calling 800-315-8317 or emailing them directly.
Papa Murphy’s Cheesy Bread Baking Instructions
What is a cheesy bread?
Cheesy bread is a type of bread that has cheese baked into it or melted on top. It can be served hot, cold and reheated in the microwave when desired.
There are different styles of cheesy bread which depend largely upon how much cheese is used to flavor the dish. For sticky buns with sweet glaze added, there are sweet variations which can also be referred to as cheesy bread.
Cheesy bread is made by taking Italian dough and placing mozzarella cheese in the center of it before folding over, shaping into a ball or loaf shape then baking until golden brown. Some recipes call for marinara sauce on top while others suggest serving with dipping sauces.
Papa Murphy’s Thick and Cheesy Bread Baking Instructions
Papa Murphy’s Cheesy Bread is a faster way to enjoy the flavors of pizza. It’s easy and effortless – you even make it yourself! Their unique baking instructions show you how to put all your ingredients together and bake fresh-from-scratch pizzas in less than 30 minutes, right at home.
The Papa Murphy’s Cheese Bread is a great meal or snack option, especially if you’re trying to make dinner quickly. It only takes four steps for you to get your cheesy bread from the oven and onto your plate! First, preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit/176 Celsius. Next, spread pizza sauce evenly on top of the dough and add shredded mozzarella cheese. Then, bake for seven to nine minutes until it’s hot and bubbly. Finally, let cool slightly before slicing up!
- Place baking sheet on bottom rack of oven. Preheat oven to 375° F (190 °C). This can be adjusted if necessary for your particular oven, but you will to make sure the cheese is bubbling before removing from the oven. If it isn’t bubbling after 30 minutes; lower heat, add more time or place baking sheet slightly higher in oven.
- Remove from the oven when cheese is bubbling and golden brown. It should only take 30 minutes, but you may need to adjust cooking times accordingly due to differences in your own oven. Just make sure it’s done!
- Serve immediately while still hot out of the oven. Cooling time is not included in cooking times.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cheesy bread can be served right away when it’s finished baking. You can add extra toppings for added flavor, such as spices, herbs or cheese options if you want to try something different next time around.
Papa Murphy’s Thin Crust Baking Instructions
What is a thin crust?
A thin crust pizza is a type of pizza that does not have many toppings. In place of the traditional heavy, thick dough found in deep dish or stuffed pizzas, a thin crusted pizza has a light and crispy exterior with an airy interior.
Thin crust pizzas are often made with fresh ingredients like shredded mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and juicy tomatoes. It is common to find thin crust pizzas on the menu at Italian restaurants or pizza shops because of their popularity with patrons who prefer a lighter fare that isn’t as filling.
It is a type of Italian-American Pizza, made with a very thin dough. This is in contrast to the popular Chicago style deep dish pizzas that use a thick, fluffy and chewy dough. The traditional toppings for this variety of pizza are tomatoes and cheese only – sauce must never touch the dough! However some modern variations have been known to use a variety of toppings, as long as they do not exceed more than two layers.
Papa Murphy’s Thin Crust Step-by-Step Baking Instructions
Papa Murphy’s thin crust baking instructions say to bake pizza for 12-15 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. According to the official website, this gives you a crispy crust and melted cheese. You should not preheat your oven as that is not necessary with our pizzas. In fact, it may cause some problems if you do so because our pizza is delivered frozen.
Follow the Papa Murphy’s thin crust step-by-step baking instructions for their best tasting gluten free pizza. Stack all the ingredients in this order: sauce, cheese, toppings and then finally your favorite Papa Murphy’s Pizza Dough Flavor.
Papa Murphy’s thin crust is a unique and delicious take on the classic pizza pie. Here are some step-by-step instructions that will ensure success with your next Papa Murphys order:
Papa Murphy’s Thin Crust Pizza baking instructions are simple to follow.
You will need:
- An oven (duh)
- A tray or sheet pan for cooking the pizza on, which can be either nonstick or lightly greased with oil/butter. Nonstick aluminum foil works great.
- A pizza cutter. A sharp blade is best, but a dull one will work too!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 C).
- On an oiled tray or sheet pan, spread out the dough into your desired shape and thickness.
- Place it on top of the baking sheet/tray.
- Then pull the edges inward slightly to create a lip around the edge of your pizza.
- Top with sauce, cheese and toppings (if desired).
- Don’t be stingy with those tasty ingredients!
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese has melted/sauce bubbled up through any holes in dough if using.
- Let pizza cool for a few minutes after taking it out of the oven.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
However, If you are looking to create your own thin crust, be sure that it is sturdy enough not to slip off the baking sheet prior to placing into the oven. The best way to do this is by using parchment paper or a nonstick baking sheet.
Papa Murphys No Kids Hungry Compaign
Papa Murphy’s is also running an awesome humanity project named, “No Kids Hungry“. This is particularly designed for the sales of Mini-Murph. $1 is donated to this fundraising scheme on the online sale of every Mini-Murph. Therefore, Papa Murphy’s requests you to join hands with the company to succeed in this extraordinary humanity project.